Monday, November 17, 2008

LONG RUN

Sunday was my long run.
In the freezing cold.
Temperature was 34. I thankfully indulged in a new pair of running tights that I had found at Marshals for very cheap! They were awesome.
Lately my runs have been a little difficult. I seem to be winded very quickly, and what used to be an easy distance or speed seems super difficult. I am blaming it on the heat in the room where I have my treadmill, because as of right now I have no other reason!
My training has been wonderful. My mental toughness is always challenged, should I push through, pull make to cover the miles, and soldier on.
While i run I remind myself of my friend, who took her time, (before she died) to encourage my running, not just with her words, but her deeds.
I also think about my sister, who always inspires me. Her strength, her desire, who she is, and her love of running. She can not run right now, due to a back injury, I run for her too! I try to pray for her healing while I run, so that the peace, I obtain when running is again hers!

I run to obtain.....perseverance.


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

No comments: