Monday, November 24, 2008

Long Run

Okay, so it has been a while, and I am new to this blogging, thing so a little update.
Last week was a rough week for running. I lacked a major amount of energy. I always lose motivation when the time changes, and winter starts, I get kinda seasonally down. It makes me totally lack running motivation.
So my base mileage last week was lame. I crammed it all into a few days so I could get my long run done on Sunday.

Well, Sunday dawned at a wonderful 14 degrees in upstate NY. My husband came in from work at 6 AM, and informed me that it was way too cold to run outside. I had my mind set to run outside, but knew I had to wait until it got "warmer". It got warmer. A whole 5 degrees. It got up to 21 degrees.

So I bundled up, hats, gloves, tights, (my new nike tights are awesome, got them on sale at Marshalls!) and out I went.
My route brings me to a nearby town, which is six miles away, I then tack on a few more to get nine, and my husband picks me up at the local Stewarts. (A gas station/convenience store) in town.

I actually was so excited to have actually covered NINE miles, my longest run ever. I feel like I am now entering my Marathon training.

This week, I have a Turkey Trot the day after Thanksgiving, my first one ever!
I am looking forward to this run!

I run to obtain more miles.

No comments: